Church Stuff-More or less

Does the church make sense or do we make it too hard for people to come in? I think yes and yes and the task then is to make it easier. Maybe for someone out there, this will be the case. I write as a Lutheran (or, perhaps a Lutherpalian) although I might seem out of the mainstream from time to time. That's okay, isn't it? Let's blog on.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northport, Long Island, United States

Contrary to what Google will tell you, I have been blogging for several year, right here. Look for Churchstuff-moreorless. life was a hell of a lot easier when you could talk to someone to get help. Now, you can't do it on the telephone, you can't do it on the internet. Life was easier and made more sense because people actually cared. Now they will screw you as quickly as they will help you. Unfuck the world.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

From the Desert

A brother who was insulted by another brother came to Abba Sisois and said to him, "I was hurt by my brother and I want to avenge myself."

The old man tried to console him and said, "Do not do that, my child. Rather leave vengeance to God."

But he said, "I will not quit until I avenge myself."

Then the old man said, "Let us pray, brother." And standing up he said, "O God, we no longer need you to take care of us since we are now able to avenge ourselves."

Hearing these words, the brother fell at the feet of the old man and said, "I am not going to fight with my brother any more. Forgive me, Abba."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home