Church Stuff-More or less

Does the church make sense or do we make it too hard for people to come in? I think yes and yes and the task then is to make it easier. Maybe for someone out there, this will be the case. I write as a Lutheran (or, perhaps a Lutherpalian) although I might seem out of the mainstream from time to time. That's okay, isn't it? Let's blog on.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northport, Long Island, United States

Contrary to what Google will tell you, I have been blogging for several year, right here. Look for Churchstuff-moreorless. life was a hell of a lot easier when you could talk to someone to get help. Now, you can't do it on the telephone, you can't do it on the internet. Life was easier and made more sense because people actually cared. Now they will screw you as quickly as they will help you. Unfuck the world.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Prayer for the Summer Solstice

Great Light, come and illume and guide us today. Shine forth with radiance and power into the darkness that covers this land. Let not the days of our destruction overcome us, let not the darkness have its way, leave us not to our own evil devices and immoral ways, but come and shine with brilliance over this nation, rise us again into that which we have been and can be again.

Light of the world, shine within me today, shine from within me today and all days hence forth, let naught but you be indwelling in me and naught but you stand out in me.

Great Light, be my guide and hold me fast that I may be the light upon a hill which cannot be hidden.

Shine forth and ever more!

Amen

(from The Community of Aidan and Hilda)