Church Stuff-More or less

Does the church make sense or do we make it too hard for people to come in? I think yes and yes and the task then is to make it easier. Maybe for someone out there, this will be the case. I write as a Lutheran (or, perhaps a Lutherpalian) although I might seem out of the mainstream from time to time. That's okay, isn't it? Let's blog on.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northport, Long Island, United States

Contrary to what Google will tell you, I have been blogging for several year, right here. Look for Churchstuff-moreorless. life was a hell of a lot easier when you could talk to someone to get help. Now, you can't do it on the telephone, you can't do it on the internet. Life was easier and made more sense because people actually cared. Now they will screw you as quickly as they will help you. Unfuck the world.

Monday, March 09, 2009

Rome drifts further to the right

Rarely does a week go by when someone doesn't suggest that Lutherans ought return to Rome and patch things up. Over the years, I have watched some colleagues do that very thing, at least on an individual basis. I think it has been more about them than anything else. 
When I consider the strife in the ELCA these days and wonder what I might do if the inmates ever take over the asylum, I know one thing for a fact-Rome will not be that port in a storm. Personally, their thoughts on women in position of leadership don't impact me-but they sure impact some people who are pretty important to me. Big stumbling block.
I can almost admire their consistency of thought regarding death-or at least causing it. But, every so often something like this happens  and it wakes me up like nothing else can. It pushes me to the point of saying, "enough of this talk, let them come to us." On their knees.
So much of life is not black and white, no matter how much Rome's authority figures dress in it. Adults should not screw children. 9 year old children should not be forced to have babies.
When is Rome going to wake up?

1 Comments:

Blogger Pastor Joelle said...

Whenever someone says they wish we could get back together with Rome I always think they also mean all us wimin would go back to washing communion glasses.

And the calling rape not as serious a sin as an abortion to save a little girl's life??

Thanks but I'll pass on the Rome reunion party.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home